About Compensation Schemes
The Depositor Compensation Scheme and the Investor Compensation Scheme have been established to provide a means of protection for customers of failed credit institutions and investment firms. Both Schemes are overseen by a Management Committee appointed by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA). The Schemes are housed within the MFSA. More information about both Schemes is available from www.compensationschemes.org.mt
The vacancy, details of which are given below, relates to the IT systems that the Compensation Schemes has deployed over the past years and which are embedded within the overall IT structure of the MFSA.
The MFSA Technology team leverages cutting-edge technology, industry standards and methodologies to provide reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the financial services sectors interacting with the Authority electronically. It is responsible for technology design, information security, development, integration and delivery of all information and communications infrastructure, platforms, and services, working with technology vendors and partners. The Technology team is made up of professionals specialised in relevant areas that include governance and planning, infrastructure and service management, information systems, and security.
Given the above, the person will be employed by the Schemes, but deployed within the MFSA’s
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation with the implementation and administration of systems and infrastructure. The primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design, perform installations, updates, upgrades, configuration, maintenance,
- troubleshooting and fine tuning of the Authority’s systems and infrastructure solutions.
- Operates and maintains the IT infrastructure, monitors its performance, adheres to defined maintenance procedures and ensures that established service levels and system availability requirements are achieved.
- Monitors the DCS IT system application of and compliance with, security operations procedures for areas of responsibility, and takes appropriate remedial action where required.
- Continuously identify and recommend opportunities to leverage technology to improve the existing infrastructure and processes, based on Authority requirements, secure practices and compliance needs.
- Conducts regular testing of the DCS IT Systems recovery procedures.
- Liaise with technical teams on design, specification, and architecture.
- Maintain updated technical and operational documentation together with user guides;
- Attend to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities;
- Establish a good working and knowledge-sharing relationship with the MFSA Technology
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers as well as internal and external customers;
- Keep abreast with new and emerging technologies;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Schemes/Technology Leads.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT but well versed in Microsoft Systems and Infrastructure. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
Candidates for this position must:
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and able to find root causes, capture learning, share knowledge, and prevent re-occurrence.
- Be knowledgeable with full-time work experience in any of these areas:
- Microsoft – Windows Server Operating Systems, Hybrid Exchange 2016/Online, Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, Distributed File System, DHCP, Azure, MECM, Microsoft 365 Suite;
- VMware – VMware 6.7 or above, VMware Metro Storage Cluster, Virtual distributed switches, Fault tolerance, vRealize;
- Backups – Veeam 11 suite and Data Protector Backup and Restore environment;
- HPE – Hyperconverged systems comprising of C7000 blade systems, Synergy, Fibre Channel switches, Store Once, Virtual Connects, 3PAR Storeserv 8200 with Peer Persistence, MSL Tape Library and ProLiant Servers.
Related industry certifications would be considered an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working experience in ICT in the areas of systems and/or infrastructure. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The ideal candidate should
- Have a strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry.
- Can communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients.
- Strong customer focus and knowledge of IT Service Management standards and procedures.
Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have good written and verbal skills and proven ability to work on own initiative with great attention to detail.
- Has the ability to work within a team, multitask and capable of meeting strict deadlines.
- Has the ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary.
- Must be fluent in the English language
* It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
A scanned copy of the completed and signed Application Form can be sent by email on Secretary@compensationschemes.org.mt. Candidates opting to apply via post are to send the completed Application Form duly signed, for the attention of the Secretary Compensation Schemes, c/o MFSA, Triq l-Imdina, Zone 1, Central Business District, Birkirkara, Malta, CBD 1010. Candidates may opt to include a C.V. and/or any additional details with the Application Form.
Applicants should assess and check before submitting their application whether they fulfil all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience.
The Compensation Schemes is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures.
The compensation Schemes will ensure that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and that personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with that for which the information is collected. This applies in particular to the confidentiality and security of such data.
If a candidate considers that s/he has been adversely affected by a particular decision, s/he can lodge a complaint within one (1) month from the time the candidate is notified of the application/interview feedback, addressed to the Secretary Compensation Schemes, c/o MFSA, Triq l-Imdina, Zone 1, Central Business District, Birkirkara, Malta, CBD 1010
Jobsplus Permit Reference: 198/2021